- For the first 24hrs of having a fresh set or infilled lashes- Do not get them wet, expose them to steam, go swimming, wear makeup or sweat.
- Avoid the use of - oil based creams and lotions, mascara, setting spray, micellar water, cotton wool or pads. These can clump the lashes/ cause dirt build up or directly impact retention by breaking down the glue.
- Instead, opt for a sensitive foaming cleaner and cleanse daily, twice if you wear foundation. Then brush and pat (not rub) with a towel or cool blow dry using a hairdryer.
- Do not pick, pull or play with your lashes.
- Keep away from open flames and extreme heat e.g lighters. This can singe or manipulate the shape of the lash impacting retention.
- This aftercare is essential to maximise retention and keep your lashes healthy.
'Lash Extensions damage your natural lashes.'
There are ways they can damage your lashes, however most of this happens after you leave the salon. When you pick, pull or play with your lashes, you are putting unnecessary pressure on the root of your lash which could cause permanent damage. If you follow the aftercare above you will keep your healthy lashes!
Your lash tech will choose the best size lashes and curl to suit your lash type. If you want mega full lashes and only have fine, sparse lashes, then I'm afraid it won't be possible.
If you feel the need to pick or pull, chances are you've twisted a lash, maybe swimming or cleaning too roughly. Get in touch with your tech and Im sure they will have 10 minutes to help you!